Africell is a leading mobile network operator in Africa. We establish fast and reliable connectivity, accelerate innovation and support local communities. We offer our customers a mix of data, voice, messaging, mobile money and other telecoms and technology services.
We have deep operational knowledge and a successful track record. Our strategy is built on two foundations: offering customers more products of a higher quality at better prices, and using technology to drive positive digital transformation. Africell is a US-owned company and our global headquarters are in London, UK. We have a reputation for doing business transparently and with integrity.
- 5 operating markets
- 12m subscribers
- 173m population under license
- 10,000 direct and indirect employees
- Founded in 2001
- Data: Data is the heartbeat of Africell’s network. We offer customers a mix of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G-ready internet services defined by speed, reliability and value for money.
- Mobile money: Afrimoney is Africell’s mobile money platform. Through Afrimoney, mobile users can send money to others, pay bills, and transact with a range of other products and services at home and overseas.
- Voice & SMS: Africell’s voice & SMS services are among the best value in the market. Our handsets suit every customer type and can be used for voice, data or both.
2001 – launch in the Gambia
2005 – launch in Sierra Leone
2012 – launch in Democratic Republic of the Congo
2015 – launch in Uganda
2021 – launch in Angola
- The Gambia
- Sierra Leone
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Uganda (until 2021)
- Angola (from 2021)